Here is the news that are circulating around the league.
1. FA QB Colin Kaepernick is gaining interest from some teams.
The former Niner signal-caller has found interest from several teams in the last few days. Seattle was rumored to be in the Kaepernick hunt, but the idea died off. The Denver Broncos are another team looking for his services. Broncos GM John Elway said that he wouldn’t mind signing Kaepernick, but added he want to find someone who can fit their offense. Kaepernick is asking for a price of $9-$10 million and wants a chance to start.
2. Cowboys sign TE Jason Witten to a four year extension
Dallas agreed with Pro Bowl TE Jason Witten to a contract which extends to 2021. Witten was on the last year of his five year, $37 million dollar deal. This move helps Dallas to restructure his deal and gain some viable cap space. Even though he didn’t have a productive year last season, Dallas is still committed with Witten for years to come.
3. Chris Long agreed to a one year deal with Philly.
Former Ram and Patriot DE Chris Long is signing with the Eagles. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport said the Super Bowl champ agreed to the same deal New England gave him last season, one year, $2.4 million. Even the DE tweeted out the exciting news. This move helps the Eagles find a veteran leader on their young defensive unit.
Some smaller news in the league as well.
- Ravens picked up a fifth year option on LB C.J Mosley
- The Lions have some interest in former Vikings RB Adrain Peterson
- Detroit also began discussions with QB Matt Stafford’s reps about a contract extension.