Here are some news circulating around the league on this Wednesday.
- 49ers are willing to wait out on Kirk Cousins if he leaves in ’18, doesn’t want to risk high draft picks to acquire him. Both Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch have the security to get the Skins signal-caller since both have long term deals with San Fran.
- Saints HC Sean Payton address today that they won’t sign Patriots CB Malcolm Butler to a offer sheet, but are looking at trades to acquire Butler. The reason why the Saints aren’t budging to sign him because they’ll lose their 1st round pick of next month’s draft which is 11th overall.
- Many teams have contacted the Seahawks about acquiring star CB Richard Sherman. Seattle GM John Schneider said he listened to “98 percent” of the trade talks and he added “It will never happen”. Many were speculating why Seattle would ship Sherman is due to his cap situation.
- The Cleveland Browns are open to bringing back troubled star Josh Gordon, if he cleans up his act. Gordon was supposed to return last season but enter rehab due to a drug-related relapse. The former Baylor product is hoping the league will reinstate him for next season.
Some smaller news in the league as well:
- San Antonio is being considered as a possible home for the new, Las Vegas Raiders
- Chiefs and former Bengals LB Rey Maualuga have agreed to a visit
- Dallas have extended the contracts of OC Scott Lineham and DC Rod Marinelli
- 11 year vet Chris Chester is expected to retire from the league
- Falcons are making progress in new deals with CB Desmond Trufant and Pro Bowl RB Devonta Freeman.